Monday, June 23, 2008

Come in from the cold

I'm sorry! If you can, please forgive me. I have a problem and I don't know what the answer is.

I'm really lazy.

Instead of sitting down, thinking clearly, and writing my thoughts into a coherent, entertaining, and semi-literate post every night, I watch TV episodes or read chapters from awesome books. Sometimes I go to the movies. But a lot of the time I'm actually sitting on my couch, staring at the ceiling, thinking about this and that as thoughts flit through my brain.

It would require some modicum of discipline to get control of one of those thoughts and fill it out, shape it, round it, and smooth it for publication. I admire people who can do this routinely. I thought I had it figured out, with the help of my friend Mark, when I decided to have daily themed posts. This way I already had a perch on which to sit my brain when it came time for the keyboard.

However, this turned out to be another in a line of weak-willed failures. But, as Winston Churchill said, "Never give up. Never surrender." Or was that Sean Connery? I'll try harder. Nothing is more helpful than the motivation of others, especially when they are awesome, too. This post really has nothing to do with anything, other than for me to say, I'm sorry, and will you welcome me back?

This also has nothing to do with anything. It just looks really cool. And makes me proud to be an American.

1 comment:

mark said...

Welcome back! And don't ever change, you lazy bastard!