Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm coming for you, Xerxes!

There is some kind of husky/wolf on a tiny patio nearby that is crying out for me to kill somebody.

When I go to sleep at night, his screams and howls and cries fill the black sky. My path to slumber is blocked by the pitiful moans of a dog incarcerated for a crime he couldn't help - being huge and awesome looking. This pup was barely able to know the pleasure of a full gait when he was heinously locked up on his owner's balcony. It is a cruel prison cell, ten feet by six feet, wreathed in black wrought iron. A concrete slab to call a bed, and what's worse - owners who callously sit inside, with naught but ice in their veins.

This is no life for an animal. Especially one that probably still unconditionally loves his owners. He deserves a yard in which to frolic and unattended parks in which to sniff rumps and fornicate with wild abandon. He isn't being abused with traditional blows to the back and punches to the snout, but rather with more vicious inattention and neglect. What's worse: sweet love taps or horrible estrangement?

I'm not advocating against disciplining an untrained dog. I am advocating for the neighbors to my left to give their dog to someone who would care to put this up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You keep an eye on that dog, and if you see any kind of abuse, and I mean ANY KIND OF ABUSE, you call the police, man! Having a Husky in south Texas seems like abuse enough. What were these people thinking??

Anonymous said...

It's like I'm trying to do law school homework with you standing in my doorway all over again. Yesssss.

Mr. Fairbanks said...

These are major, ethical real-world problems we are grappling with, man. Law school can wait all night. Let's figure out this Africa thing...