Thursday, September 18, 2008

How to live life, in three easy steps.



Jack LaLanne gives us the tools to be happy. I thought about this and wondered whether or not someone could say this on TV today. I bet not. People are too cynical to believe in something so simple.

I think the reason why more people don't heed this advice is that because it takes patience. I know that's why I don't go to the store every other day to buy fresh fruits and vegetables. Exercising is something you have to do for a while before you see results, even if you feel them sooner. But smiling is easy.

The simple, free, easy life is anathema to society today. I think back to my childhood with fond memories of this kind of living. Does every generation do that? The innocence of being a kid is so simple and wonderful and good for us. Too bad we have to grow up and pretend to be busy and frown when things go wrong.

Although I still think people who burst out in song are crazy. Straightjacket crazy.

No comments: