Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Twelve Minutes to Vanishing Point

I have twelve minutes to do something. I could:
  • fold my laundry
  • fix something to eat
  • do a satisfying work out with push-ups
  • read a chapter in a good book
  • sketch a clown and a lion at the circus
  • write a haiku
  • drive to the pharmacy and buy some gum
  • file the bills piled up on my desk
  • trim my beard with precise detail
  • learn fifteen words in a foreign language
  • day dream about running in some sleet and ice and snow
  • unload the dishwasher and load it back up again
  • play one side of an LP (most likely Herb Alpert)
  • write an email to an old friend
  • surf the web for some old scores I don't have
  • write an episode of Count of Monte Cristo fan fiction
  • contemplate the mysteries of love
But instead of any of these, I'll write a blog post about all of the things I could be doing in the twelve minutes while I wait for Netflix to adjust my playback in order to watch Vanishing Point on my computer. By the way, I'm into the last third and it's pretty freaking sweet.

Update: This only took six minutes. Oh no! What could I do for six more minutes??...

1 comment:

mark said...

Oh oh, uh, make a smoothy! Uh, eat some crackers!